The Tennessee Volunteers get a great chance to redeem themselves and improve their national standing when they travel to Tuscaloosa to take on archrival Alabama. This game is too close to call: the Vol defense should make it difficult for the Crimson Tide offense to be productive, and the Bama defense won’t make it easy for the Vol offense to get on track. Heck, even collegefootballnews.com can’t make up its mind.
Some other games of interest to Volunteer fans this weekend:
- Auburn at LSU. This one’s sorta hard to figure. LSU is ranked higher than Auburn, so you’d think you’d want Auburn to win, but an LSU victory makes the Vols’ earlier victory over LSU look better, and an LSU loss would probably only have the effect of substituting Auburn for LSU in the top ten anyway. It’s really a toss up on whom to root for, but I’m going with LSU.
- Arkansas at Georgia. This one, however, is a no-brainer. Wooooo Pigs Soooie!
- Texas Tech at Texas. Tech burst into the top ten last week, and the Longhorns may be due for a letdown. Really, they both need to lose, but this might be the other UT’s only real challenge for the rest of the year.
- Georgia Tech at Miami. Georgia Tech beat Auburn earlier this year. Can they pull off another upset?
- Penn State at Illinois. Will Penn State have a hangover after a tought loss last week at Michigan? Will it matter?
- Oregon State at UCLA. Can the Beavers knock off a top ten team two weeks in a row?
CFN has the TV listings.